Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Wonders...

This arrived for me today, I have been picking it up and peering at it, running my fingers over it and just gazing in pleasure.

This is my last card of the Calendar Girls 2008 challenge from Lynda of Purple Missus. It has been a wonderful year of learning and sharing and I feel priviledged to have been part of it. If you haven't looked already give click here you will see that a couple of the girls have already completed January.

This year instead of working from one calendar for the year we have each made a choice and each month it will be a different calendar. For January Debbi chose Australian artist Shane Pickett, I knew nothing about him so did a little research and found a link here and here Wonderful stuff. The picture we are to work from is called "Wanyarang Storm Against the Wind. I looked up Wanyarang as I thought it must be a place, but no, it means Autumn and this (confusingly was April and May) Traditionally was a time when "those who have recently matured to adulthood pair up and prepare their homes for courtship. Meanwhile, nature prepares itself for the next cycle." This information found here and this is the picture.

Fabulous but help!!!!!


This wonder came from Russia found on a via a link by Ullabenulla just look at the wonderful details both inside and out here


Last of all don't forget Cyber Fyber and Lynda and Carol are running Fibre in Form, Textured Surfaces again on Friday.

4 comments:

Genie said...

Lucky you Pat,
lovely piece from Lynda

Purple Missus said...

You are far too nice to me :)

KV Creative Designs said...

Wow! All of these are wonderful! I am stopping by all of their sites!

Happy New Year and Artful Blessings,
Kathryn
P.S. Stop by my blog and come celebrate my Blogiversary giveaway!!

hippopip said...

A great link Pat what fantastic workmanship,and a great card from Lynda