Saturday, January 10, 2009

Off we go.....

Here is my interpretation of the Shane Pickett painting which Debbi chose as our inspiration for January in the Calendar Girls 09 exchange.You can see the original here

First of all I must thank Debbi for her choice. As I said below this was a completely new world to me and I have loved exploring. This site gives many in depth explanations.
I was at a loss how I was going to interpret the picture, then when I was looking at a Christmas present from my son an idea popped. The present was a set of mica flakes,

I have eight little pots like this and as you can see they are of different grades of thickness. I thought this might help me give and impression of depth.
I put three bands of medium and tried to show the swirling of a dust storm.I then built up layers of Golden Liquid Paints. Lastly I added the dots. I have to say I am quite pleased with the result. I feel I have learned a bit more about the use of paint and mediums. There are already some great cards on the Calendar Girls Blog go, see.

6 comments:

Genie said...

Beautiful work

Doreen G said...

I love it Pat

Purple Missus said...

This is fabulous Pat. Such a shame its not for me :(
How far you have come from a couple of years back.

Seth said...

This is really stunning. It look almost like you pulled it right from nature!

Sandy said...

That Mica really worked well. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
Thanks so very much for your nice comments on the CYBER FYBER site! Every day seems to bring about a new adventure...another precious memory...something special! I'm already planning CYBER FYBER 2...a new idea that will hopefully display the evolution and connections started with this exhibition! Thanks again!
Susan