Thursday, January 22, 2009


I watched the inauguration of President Obama on Tuesday and was very moved by the hope and expectation. Often in history one man has been able to influence the world for evil, let us hope this one can do that for good.

The opening titles made me squeal with delight because what were they......Dots... the pictures kept dissolving into red white and blue campaign buttons. See I told you, they are everywhere..... Great stuff.


you can see it here but only for the next five days.

We had a little mix up on Calendar Girls and I had to reluctantly send on Sandy's card but the sadness only lasted until I received this from Carol,

a great card with terrific depth. The January cards have nearly all been posted by now and you can see them in all their glory here. so many techniques from one source of inspiration.

5 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

I have really enjoyed catching up with your Blog - thank you x

Susan D said...

Couldn't watch it Live but caught up with it on BBC iplayer. I never thought I would see a black president in my lifteime but I'm so glad to be proved wrong. The picture of all the crowds reminded me of footage I've seen of Martin Luther Kings great speech in the 60's.

Purple Missus said...

Ouch, Ouch, I got the slap -twice! *LOL*
Yes, it was me that messed up with the list and yes its me that hasn't finished their January card yet, but it is only the 23rd :))

Purple Missus said...

Ouch, Ouch, I got the slap -twice! *LOL*
Yes, it was me that messed up with the list and yes its me that hasn't finished their January card yet, but it is only the 23rd :))

Heather said...

I too found the new President's inauguration ceremony very moving. Can we dare to hope that he can do all he wants to do? So much responsibility on one pair of shoulders, but he seems very confident without being brash. Good luck to him. I'm just going to have a look at all your January cards - I've seen one or two on other blogs.