Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ring out the old ...

Ring in the new! Here is the first card for my GG2009 collection. I love the way Sandy has caught the feel of the storm. A wonderful start to the year.

as a bonus it came wrapped in this great piece of vintage fabric.

And here is the Old Year, I have been wondering for some time how to keep and display them, and this is what I came up with. This is the cover, front and back


It is made from corrugated card covered in moulding paste, painted and gilded. The decoration is a collection of shrink plastic tags with the names of the girls.

It can be opened as a conventional book

or displayed 3D

and here it is in its full glory.

Thank you girls.

12 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, how delightful this book is. Can I ask Pat how did you join the pages? By hand or machine? ove the cover it is just lovely!

Unknown said...

WOW Pat, what a wonderful idea it's fantastic, I love the name cover and those little name tags.

Paula Hewitt said...

this is a wonderful wayto display the postcards. the cover is stunning.

Susan D said...

What a brilliant way to display them.

Doreen G said...

Who's a clever girl then?
Pat it is absolutely gorgeous.
Bring on the tutorial :-)

Stitchety Grub said...

This book is just stunning Pat - I luv it - clever you! :-D
Britt West Aussie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cover Pat, very yummy.
Any chance of a workshop ?


Put my name down next to Marien's.

Seth said...

What a great way to display. I like the fact that you can change it up! Thanks, too, for your comment on my blog.

hippopip said...

A great way to display them Pat

Julie said...

Wow, Pat! The book is wonderful and the tags are inspired! I echo Susan, what a great way to display the cards.

Val said...

Pat, you creative ole thing you! Just gorgeous - I rather think you've over simplified how you did that cover though!!

solange said...

What a great blog. You are so talented, I like your work.