Thursday, October 16, 2008

Couldn't wait.......

to get to grips with Maggie Grey's latest book Textile Translations. This is my interpretation of first "lesson"(it is step by step so easy to follow)


I was also impatient to try out one of the new spray colours I bought from Crafty Notions at Ally Pally(this one is Midnight Blueberry, more turquoise than I was hoping. Why are true blues so hard to find?)


Now I have to add a layer of sealant, so I'll think about that for a while. I am stopping myself from reading too far ahead, it is about time there was some discipline around here!!

I am also looking forward to taking part in the Fibre in-Form classes at the end of the month. Almost too much excitment.

Just for fun while I was scanning the sample I had a little play with a distortion layer in PSP.

The lettering is from a great blog called The Graphics Fairy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have been working from Maggies Book - I did not think there was a starting time to use it - but that the online classes will follow on from the book so a need to work on items in the book was important in the first instance - may be I have got it wrong. I love the pieces you have done esp the last one in PSP can you give more details of how you did it.

Genie said...

Lovely work, I have my book but have not started anything et

Purple Missus said...

Ooh, loving these pieces already Pat.
I bought the Scarab Beetle colour in those sprays, along with the Autumn Gold and the ..... *LOL*
They are wonderful, the beetle one especially.