Monday, March 17, 2008

Tulips in March........

This was the Calendar Girls picture for March,
Lots to choose from. I had a play in PSP9. This is one I considered

but in the end I focused in on the tulip heads, altered them a little and then printed them onto cotton.
This is the first one which is on it's way to Jenny

Inspired by the talk by Carol Naylor we had at EG, see here
I decided to try some heavy machine embroidery.
This is my second take on the tulips,
just light FME but using the words alphabet on my machine, which I love.
Jenny mentioned that she had used the lilac as her motif, I had focused so much on the tulip I hadn't even noticed them. So thank to Jenny, this is my lilac done on the embellisher.

There is some stunning stuff on the Calendar Girls this month

6 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Once again Pat you have done a really good job. Each and everyone of them picks up elements from the original picture.
You'll also have a wonderful collection of your own creations at the end of the year too.

verobirdie said...

Lovely tulip. I like this style very much.

sharon young said...

Hi Pat
What lovely PC's, great interpretaion of this month's challenge.
I really love the second one, so delicate!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my PC.

Lalhezar said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really like your tulips - the embellished one has a lovely ethereal look to it.Your blog looks really interesting and i shall return.

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
I particularly like how you successfully interpret imagery with different approaches! Love your recent map postcards too.
Susan

Leah said...

what gorgeous work!!