Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Wk 21.....

Struggling here, life getting in the way a bit.   Documented life was "Draw a House" not my strong suit but here it is.
Last week was the Prism exhibition at the Mall Galleries, always interesting and there were some pieces I liked a lot. I think this was my  favourite. "Brown is a Slow Colour" by Liz Harding.
but I loved these by Charlotte Sewell.
Old ladies at a bus stop with the caption "More than meets the eye".  When you lifted the flaps they revealed the interesting occupations the old ladies had in their past. From Show Girl to Aeroplane Pilot.



Appreciated by one who has been rendered invisible by grey hair.  
These were fun too.
Wednesday I met my daughter and we visited the small 150th  Anniversary exhibition at John Lewis. 
A mock up of the original shop front.
Part of the counter inside, I would like those drawers
and I really wanted this sample book.

This week is really busy, some boring (dentist) and some exciting, lunch with a friend I haven't seen for a while and a workshop with Mandy Patullo. something nearly everyday complicated by son's request to look after his cats for a week while he is on a business trip.  See you when I surface.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing your latest outings...I now need to investigate Ms. Harding. I am fascinated by how different artists see.

Your house is a very fine house (to paraphrase Crosby, Stills & Nash) and now has cats "in the yard", if only for a short while. May the week go well!