Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A most enjoyable day........

that was Saturday when we went on the long awaited workshop with Mandy Pattullo.. Their was a warm welcome from Sam  and her magical studio at SewNotStrawberryJam made us Ooh and Aah with envy. Their are some really good photos of the studio, before we all arrived, on Mandy's blog here. See what I mean? This was the huge central table piled high with goodness.

Mandy had supplied everything we needed and shared her supplies and  techniques in generous measure. Just waiting for us to dive in.

 She had templates to use and had also said we could bring a picture. Now I may have mentioned I like owls so here is my work from the day, not finished yet .
He sits on a piece of vintage quilt which Mandy provided.  She showed me the difference between putting on eyes which you thought were OK(orange) and searching and searching for just the right shade.  It was all a lot more difficult than it looks but so enjoyable.
We were lucky with the weather and we sat outside for lunch

 beyond the geese stands the Shepherd Hut.
It made me think of your shed  Sharon . A magical space. The day ended far to quickly and what I haven't mentioned yet is the best ginger cake I have ever tasted.

 I am begging for the recipe.
Mandy is promising to be back next year, so book me in. You can find other courses at SewNotStrawberryJam here
Great day.

1 comment:

sharon young said...

Oh wow Pat, you lucky thing, if only I'd know that there were cancellations on the workshop I'd have been there in a heartbeat, and so close to Dungeness too, how I want to stay in that shepherd's hut, I think we need a bed in ours. Thank you for the link :-)
I truly love your owl, he's just brilliant.