Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tulip time...

Yesterday the gloom lifted and in beautiful spring sunshine I took the train to London where I had arranged to meet Lynda so that we could investigate the art store called http://www.atlantisart.co.uk/. In my excitement I arrived at Charing Cross about an hour before I needed to, so I stepped into the Embankment Gardens, and this is what I found.
Dech chairs waiting for the band...
A man on a camel..
A rather distraught young woman...

and tulips, tulips everywhere
..



Our visit to Atlanis was a success but our visit to the Backyard Market was a little disappointing, perhaps we hit a bad day. On the way home I walked through Trafalgar Square which was even busier than normal, there was a Visit Holland event in progress and guess what... more tulips.

This is one in my garden that had opened out wide to take in the sun (a bit like me)

I can tell you, for me, one of the great joys in life is stolling through London in the sunshine and passing the time with a friend. Good day.
Please feel free to use these photographs.

As a follow up to the last post Stephen Durrant's Owl was runner up in the competition and was shown on the programme. Congratulations Stephen.

1 comment:

sharon young said...

What a lovely stroll through the park!! I wonder what the story is with the weeping woman.
I love tulips and have always wanted to go to Holland for the bulb festival.
Many thanks for your lovely comment on my lalest post.
Love your owl sketches, definitely owls with attitude.