Wednesday, April 22, 2009

There is great excitement.......

in the art world, a new fresco has been unearthed by builders restoring a 15th centrury chapel, this will probabley become known as one of the great wroks of art of all times..............but only in my dreams!!! This is the story I told myself while working on it.
In other words here is my killed catalogue made following Maggie Grey's madcap idea (and excellent instruction).

Here it is from raw catalogue to finish (with a lot missed out)




Looking forward now to Maggies new book "Stitches Straps and Layers" and especially to our own Calendar Girls Lynda and Carols book Stitching the Textured Surface

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful Pat, just been hoovering mine as there was a string of webs coming off it :)

Doreen G said...

That is absolutely amazing Pat--well done.

Genie said...

Lovely work Pat, mines WIP at the moment!!

Val said...

Looks wonderful Pat - I haven't started painting mine yet - it is still all curled up! Are you going to stitch into it at all?

Sandy said...

It certainly looks like a world famous fresco. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

Unknown said...

I wish my catalog had worked out! Stellar work.

Guzzisue said...

I've been watching everyones catalogues with interest, they all look so good! beginning to wish that I had had a go :-)

Julie said...

Well done Pat! It looks wonderful.

Penny said...

Lovely bit of work, I have to say that my catalogue is on hold at the moment, just no time but after seeing yours I want to get at it. Love your blog

Jane said...

Catalogue looks great - mine is still lurking on a windowsill while I think about it.

hippopip said...

|It looks fantastic better than the book of Kells.

Val Foster said...

Wow, these are really great. I love them. I'm just dipping my toe into this "catalog killing" adventure, and your works give me hope and inspiration.