Friday, February 22, 2008

An A list celebrity.....

well not quite but for the first time in my life I'm on an A list. The indefatigable Sharon B is producing an alphabetical list of blogs. Apart from being thrilled at being in some very talented company it is also a novelty of be named at the beginning of something. My maiden name began with W so at school I would have to wait while all the other names were read all the time wondering, "have I been picked?" "have I passed?", when I married I moved down the alphabet but only a little add that to being a middle child.....oh the traumas!!!!!!

This is me pretending to be a star in 1966!! Is that my liberty bodice showing through my dress???

4 comments:

Stitchety Grub said...

Hi Pat
I was the last name to be read out at school when the register was called for the first 2 years at high school then another girl arrived and she came after me ... I was a 'W' surname back then too ... as you know I moved up the alphabet to an 'F' when I married....

Purple Missus said...

Wow Pat, you were lovely weren't you. Such a long neck and soooo slim :)

I understand SharonB is only putting the blogs that she rates on the list - so well done you. :)

sharon young said...

Hi Pat
Know what you mean about being last on the alphabet , I was P at school and now I'm Y !!!!! Still i always know where to look on the lists, last :-)
You look charming in your photo, are you sure that's not my hair your wearing LOL Oh! and my glasses!!!
Congrats on your listing with Sharon B, well deserved.
Thanks for dropping by my blog, I really enjoyed doing this PC

Tony Morris said...

WOW I wish I known you then you gorgeous creature!