Thursday, September 20, 2007

Some time ago I lost all my links to Art Museums all over the world, I have just started to re-install them. I have just looked at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and given the interest on drawing in the blogs I look at, lately, I would like to highlight this link to Van Gogh
Since we lived in Belgium 40 odd years ago we have had two Van Gogh prints in the living room . It seems that all great artists have put the greatest importance to Drawing. One of a man
and the other of a woman digging
These pictures are from the site which catalogues the complete works of Vincent Van Gogh

We bought prints of these at the Van Gogh Museum (which was in Arnhem at that time) and bought the frames in a shop in Brussels on a lovely sunny Autumn day.(Funny the things you remember). We were so young then, but we loved the idea of this man and woman working side by side and as our 46th Anniversary approaches I hope they typify the way we have worked together.

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

What a lovely poignant blog Pat. I looked up 46th anniversary to see what was associated with it and this is what it said:

The 46th Wedding Anniversary does not have any traditional materials or Symbols associated with it.

A contemporary or modern 46th anniversary gift has a theme of Original Poetry Tribute.

This Wedding Anniversary does not have any Flowers associated with it.

This Anniversary does not have any Gemstones associated with it.

So it looks like you and DH are going to have to write each other a poem :)