Sunday, August 26, 2007

What I did.... and other matters.....

First of all thanks to Gerry and Gail who like the post on Japanese wrapping. I guess you quilting ladies could make some really wonderful wrapppings. If I haven't mentioned it before(and I have been known to repeat myself!!!) what I really admire about quilters is their neatness and precision. If I could buy it, I would. I am a Virgo and we are supposed to be meticulous in all we do. I am the exception that proves the rule.....

Essential information, Sharon B can now be found here.. All the best with the new site Sharon, I don't envy her the amount of transferring she is having to do. And so To TAST. Portugese stem stitch, I really like this stitch, and will mark it as a favourite. Just a quick memo piece.


You will have probably gathered by now that even by English standards we have been having a rotten summer but yesterday the sunshine returned. Now does anyone agree with me that there is something that happens to the sun in late August, the sunshine that we had today is a compeletly different colour to the sunshine we had a couple of week ago. For me the Summer has turned toward Autumn. My son will inform me that Autumn does not start until the end of September and my husband, bless, just says "Yes, dear" when I start talking about the quality of the light! Whatever, yesterday in the golden light I decided it was a lovely day to work outside and I took Beryl Taylor's wonderful book as a starter and made this "fabric" paper. I don't know yet what I'm going to do with it but I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I went to look for a link to Beryl's book and found she now has a web site and blog.



I also added to a piece I was making using the Purple Missus technique, I added some paper napkin images and some dried flowers, it isn't finished yet but was pleased with the way it looks so far.

Very autumnal I think, tee hee!!!!!

2 comments:

verobirdie said...

Pat,
I totally agree with you, the light changes on August 15th. As i'm in the South of France, this automnal feeling lasts for the two weeks that follow August 15th, and then we have more beautiful weeks. I used to take those two weeks off, but ended noticing this made me sad as the weather was not that bright. So this year I'm taking two weeks in September instead. Hope I'm right since this year weather has been so crazy...

gunnelsvensson said...

Congratulations to wonderful pieces! I have to test that too! And thanks for sharing Beryl´s web site and blog! I have her book, and she are doing so beautiful things!