Saturday, August 18, 2007

Scroll Stich and scrambled thinking.....



This is my little scroll stitch sample, I like this stitch a lot. I think I may have come across it when learning stem stitch at school but I can't remember the teacher saying "Oh what beautiful scroll stitch" she just told me to unpick it!!!!!


I read with amazement the article in the Guardian by Germaine Greer. (Links from Albedo Designs and Sharon B )I am not a quilter, but I have stood in front of quilts and been moved to tears by the beauty of the colours and the incredible skill of the stitcher.
What is art? To me it is something man made which has power to move one or all of my senses.

"What could be the point of such an exercise in futility?" Ms Greer asks. The same question I have asked myself many times in many different in many different ART galleries.

No comments: