Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Seven years on.......

so where did they go since I started this blog. I was going to put this at the end but decided that you might not get that far so....I would like to thank all the people who I have "met" over these years. I am not going to mention names as I would be bound to miss someone but if you follow you will know the people who have become an important  part of my life.I thank all the generous people out there who share their knowledge, often freely. Thank you for reading and following my butterfly mind.

 I thought it would be a good time to change the layout. I tried all the dynamic ones and decided that was too big a jump for one of my advanced years so in the end I settled for this.  Still not sure.  Anyway the story continues...

There are a lot of really cool stencils out there but I don't seem to have many of them and then I had a moment.  Some years ago cutting up plastic bags to incorporate into bits of stitchery was all the rage and so you take one of these,


one of those very thin bags for vegetables, and then cut it up into little strips (easier if you fold it)
The lay the strips out, in layer,s on a piece of greaseproof paper, cover with another and iron .  You will see the plastic shrink and it sticks together where it crosses



 I then became excited and forgot to show the plastic on the painted gelli, but this is it after I pulled the print.


and this is the print
another

 
and this is where I cleaned the brayer
The plastic is very fragile and can only really be used once or twice but you are left with a great collage element.


6 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! And what a fun way to celebrate! Are there fumes when you melt the plastic, or does the paper mitigate that? Thinking what fun this would be to use as a resist with transfer paints...or any paints...

Best wishes for continued blogging enjoyment. :-)

liniecat said...

Superb results with such an uninspiring bag! I really must try the geli medium........tx for the idea : )

Suztats said...

Oooh, cool! Love the result.

Carolyn Dube said...

Magnificent! I love the randomness to the lines- this is magnificent! Oh, I already said that- but that is what just keeps coming out! So glad you shared this with the party!

Lynda Howells said...

happy 7 year ann.x you really are an inspiration to me.
lyndax

sharon young said...

Wow, congratulations, that's amazing, think I'll have to check when I started, time flys.
Love the printing, never thought of that.