Saturday, October 20, 2007

Worth waiting for.....

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be chosen as the winner of the first Fibre and Stitch challenge. It was a random draw I hasten to add for there were many beautiful pieces entered. We have been experiencing industrial action by postal workers in this country, therefore I have only just received my prize. But, oh boy, was it worth the wait.

This exquisite little bag by Carol McFee is mine, all mine!!
This is the back

The challenge was to use Lutradur and Lace and this is what this little purse is made of except, in you hand, it is like a little shimmering piece of silver.
As though this was not enough it was wrapped in paper, which will find its way into something one day, tied with a piece of eyelash yarn which will feel the embellishers needles I am sure and last but not least a sheet of foil to play with.


I have thanked Carol personally but you might perhaps like to look at her Fibre in-Form site where these foils and some unusual sizes of mounted canvas are on sale.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Indeed, that was certainly worth the wait!