Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ups and Downs of Ally Pally

It started to go a bit wrong when my best friend couldn't go with me. I love the way she sees things so I missed her when I was looking at the exhibitions and I also like the way she manages to find things you have missed. We usually split up and then meet for refreshment and "where did you get that" sessions. Then the fog and in consequence the traffic made the journey there and back most unpleasant. Whether it was because of these two things or not I have to say that I was left with a feeling of disappointment at this years Knitting and Stitching Show. Several of my favourites were not there and I came back with many things not crossed of my list.

Having said all that there were many good things to see and buy. I loved the Val Cambell Harding exhibition, she did so many wonderful things, Maggie Grey was embellishing away and her table was full of yummy textured pieces . Next I went Studio 21 but I lost the leaflet I bought. I particularly liked works by Jacky Russel and Sandra Meech

I hope I have their names right as I can't read my notes properly.
All the other exhibitions had "No photography" signs right next to their very expensive catalogues so though there were things that I liked very much it would take too long to describe them.

It was lovely to meet Dale from the Thread Studio, she has parted me from my money before I knew her from her blog.The juicy wool and threads and the Moonshadow mists are from Dale. I also spent some time watching Sarah(I hope that's right) of Craft Notions demonstrating making silk paper from cocoon strippings and using her spray paints.
I bought some of her paints as well and of course I had to pay a visit toArt Van Go
Will I use all these exciting things.........Watch this space!!!

This entry has been edited to make corrections.

No comments: