Sunday, April 29, 2007

Straight stitch

Well, the simplest stitch so far has taken me the longest time to do. I wanted to try and do something with sheer fabrics and stitches under and on top but the everyday world took over this week and I have just rushed to complete it this morning.


I love this simple stitch and the things it can do to lead the eye round a piece etc.

This is cheating but here is an experimental piece I posted earlier this year

.

It was EG yesterday and we had a talk called "Adentures in vanishing fabrics" by a gentleman called Arthur Ridley.
He showed slides of his work and exp0lained the processes and also had loads of pieces to look at. His hats and masks were great fun.

3 comments:

Papoosue said...

I love that sample with the sheer fabtic and stitching. It kinda makes me think of a tree trunk - something 'nature-ish' anyway - it's lovely!

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

I have to agree, something very organic about the base fabrics.

Digitalgran said...

I like these Pat. I am well behind with my TAST stitches just now.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm glad to have inspired you with the rust. It really is fun.