Wednesday, June 26, 2013

B.......

Half way through the Craft Barn Alphabet Challenge and the letter B. I was tempted by Beautiful Butterflies and Bees but settled on "Bunting". I was intigued by the defintion in my old dictionary, that it applied to "the woollen fabric from which flags of ships are made" and also that it was the name of a bird.  I had a look at the bird and was delighted to find there is one called a Painted Bunting. What a beauty, not found in the UK unfortunately.


I went with the more modern use of Bunting. As usual I turned to gelli prints, one for the background and one for the flags and a couple of birds. The poles are just strips of corrugated card.
Thinking about this oviously worked into my subconcious and last night (this morning) I dreamt I was making the most wonderful collage.  As I woke up the image faded, no matter how hard I tried to capture it and by the time I was fully awake it had gone completely.  Ah well.

15 comments:

carolfromkiwiland said...

Fab page.I love your little birds and your gelli plate print seem to be the same colours as the painted bunting.Very clever combination of definitions.

Clare Wassermann said...

Lovely - I have a gelli plate to explore the potential of this summer - I have been inspired by this, but then I love bunting!

Scrapmate said...

I like the collage you've created even if it wasn't the one you dreamed of.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fabulous take on this letter, your bunting page looks wonderful.

Mo Crow said...

beautiful B-ness!

Elaine said...

Great bunting - so colourful and great choice of word!

kiwi in timbertown said...

Kiwi in Timbertown.
loved the birds and the buntings. colours are fab

Sandy said...

Wonderful bunting page ---- we have Painted Buntings where I love and they are beautiful. Your background is really grand!
Sandy

Maisie Moonshine said...

Great pages, I love it that you have incorporated the painted buntings and their colours in to your flag bunting pages. MMx

Beverley Baird said...

Such a lovely collage - the gelli papers are gorgeous! I've become addicted to crating them!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely page! Great idea, nice use of the bunting word and I do like your gelli papers!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous page, love the bunting and the use of the colours of the painted bunting.

Sylv xx

Laura said...

This is gorgeous :)
I almost went for bunting (the bird) but changed my mind last minute.
Thanks for sharing,
Laura

Julia S-W said...

Love your bunting pages. Great uses for the gelli plate prints and wonderful colours.
Juliax

Anonymous said...

Love your interpretation of the word. Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy