Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm back

and hit the ground running. We jetted off to blue skies and turquoise seas(see last posting) to land in a thunderstorm which lasted a 36 hours and then a week of grey days even so I found a chair waiting for me on the beach.

Arriving back in England up a holiday weekend where it never seemed to stop raining for two days had me thinking how much the weather affects our moods and in some cases livelyhoods. I feel so sorry for people who were involved in events like the Kent Garden Show, people who run the Fun Fairs that I saw advertised, for many of these people they must rely on these holidays for a large part of their income. The real cruelty is that this morning, as people return to work, the sky is a bright washed clear blue.

2 comments:

Stitchety Grub said...

Welcome back Pat ... sorry to hear your weather was dodgy ... unfortunately I can't send you any Aussie sun as it's heading for winter here and although fine today(cloudy) there is "damp" in the air and only 18°c. (Which is coolish for us)...

Dy said...

What an absolutely FANTASTIC photo! I love it! Shame about the weather though.