Saturday, May 05, 2007

Elizabeth Arden what have you done.........

Courtesy The Scream
....that's it. I went to day to replace my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip salve, colour MELON. To be told, because it is not popular in the EU(European Union) it has been withdrawn. I pointed out that we English Roses have a different skin tone to our undeniably beautiful European cousins but this was received with a sympathetic continental shrug. All other lipsticks go ten shades darker on me, what am I to do, I must become a recluse, I NEED MY LIPSTICK. Why can't these companies warn you when they are about to remove your favourite product, I've never really recovered from the demise of Yardley's English Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Tony Morris said...

Did you queue up at Boots in the quest for eternal youth? I thought about it but decided that I didn't need it, what do you think?

gunnelsvensson said...

Hi Pat!

I have tagged you! Read my blog!

Dy said...

I am SO with you on this topic!
I'm currently in the midst of a nail biting Ebay auction to try and buy what I'm sure is the last remaining Mabelline Express 3in1 Foundation Stick left in the entire world!
Not fair is it, you are right, we need at least 12 months notice in order to stock up. :-)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

When all else fails, go to eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/ytbasd

http://tinyurl.com/2bcbqu

http://tinyurl.com/2xhuhq

Good Luck!

Pat said...

Ah, my dear friend Tony,didn't you recognise my picture in the paper, I was the one in the hood with my back to the camera!!!! Perhaps you should sell the secret of your eternal youthful looks!!

Pat said...

Thank you for your suggestions Charlene, I will take this up when I get back, am going to try the airport. Good luck Dy.

coral-seas said...

I haven't been able to get my favourite purfume (Miss Dior Eau de Parfum) Miss Dior Cherie to appeal to a younger market. PHAH!

BTW I haven't forgiven the makers of Marathon for renaming it SNICKERS to please the EU, either!

CA