Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Basque stitch.....

This is just a quickie this week because I am off to the beautiful island of Cyprus tomorrow, for two weeks Yipee, so I will be playing catch up when I come back.

The moment I saw "Basque" I thought of Jean Borotra the "Bounding Basque" and of the game Pelote the incdedibly fast game which is played against a wall with a sort of scoop shaped basket and a very small ball. So my basque stitch is based on the "basket" complete with flying ball!!!



I like this stitch, at first, I was making it like a detched chain without the twist and then the penny dropped. It does have a sort of folklore look to it a good stitch for building up layers as you can work it both ways.

This is from last year. Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Have a good break Pat. Hope you come back all refreshed and eager to create.

Tony Morris said...

Most of us are too young to remember the bounding Basque!

Anonymous said...

Wish you a goed time! And I am happy you had time for TAST, another great story!