Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sir Terry Pratchett.......

 Sir-Terry-Pratchett-227x300
So sad to learn of the death of  Terry Pratchett. ( I would direct you to his official site but it appears to have crashed at the moment, I will add it later.)

His books have given me so much pleasure over the years.  When my son was at university I rang him and said "I have just read this brilliant book, "The Colour of Magic",, my son turned away from the  phone and said "Hey, my Mum has read Terry Pratchett", probably one of the only times in my life I have managed to impress him :-).  Since then we have shared the love, Christmas meant a new TP book to be enjoyed and discussed. Hearing my chuckle I remember my husband saying "What's the matter with your mother?" "Oh, she has a new Terry Pratchett" said my daughter. So many happy hours.

My favourite character is Granny Weatherwax, who I look on a role model and my favourite book is "The Wee Free Men"  which made me laugh and cry.

I was fortunate enough to meet him at a book signing and also at the National Theatre at a performance of "Nation".

Struck down by Alzheimer's, that most cruel disease, I am going to miss him but I have the wonderful legacy of his books for comfort. Thank you.




No comments: