Thursday, February 19, 2015

Living with Art.......

I answered an invitation from Seth Apter to show how we surround ourselves with our own work of works of art, I also had to send him a few words to describe why I like to be surrounded by art.  As I have said before, I maybe artistic but I do not call myself an artist.  My contribution is here,I sent two photographs and Seth chose this one. 
The basket in the doorway is full of unfinished projects!
Most of the things on the walls of my home have been made by me, the exceptions are two Van Gogh sketches of people working in the fields which we bought when we lived in Brussels, many years ago, a print of Klimpt's "The Kiss" which my son bought for me and a watercolour of a favourite view of Morecambe Bay which my nephew painted for me. 
These are the other photographs I took of my (very narrow) hall way and my workroom.


Many of the hearts are gifts from special friends.
I thought I had posted this (I think I write blogposts in my head but never actually post them). Tempted by
Carolyn Saxby and as I am trying to kick start myself,  I put together a bundle to weather in the garden, I did this a few years back and thought it would be interesting to try agin.
I can report that since I took this the red cotton string,  I used somewhere inside, has started to bleed through.

No comments: