Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Laundry day......

"'Twas on a Monday morning that I beheld my darling......a washing of her linen O",so goes the old song because for generations Monday was Wash Day. There is a very good piece here which will jog memories, I remember one of these, a copper.
 
 How fortunate are we to have machines to do it for is and so now instead of slaving over the "dolly tub" we have time for other activities. One of our favourites is to go to the cinema because before 12 on a Monday it is half price for OAP's and because we like going to the cinema. Not every week you understand but recently there have been quite a few films which appealed. We call it  "Doing the Washing". Yesterday it was"  Shaun the Sheep-the Movie".  What a delight, cleverly made to appeal to children and to adults.  I wanted a freeze frame to admire the details of the sets. Loved it. Next on our list is "The Second Best Marigold Hotel", hoping it is as good as the first one.

Knowing I was going to see Shaun, in John Lewis  on Friday, I was delighted to find  that Coates in conjuction with Rowan Wools had produced a pattern so I was able to make this to present to my friend.


Much as I hate doing the same thing twice, I think I may have to make one for me.

 This is progress on my bundle where the string has started to bleed.


No comments: