Wednesday, October 29, 2014

TV is not enough.........

....I always have to have something to occupy my hands while watching/listening also in the summer we had the long journey north and I wanted something to do to pass the time.  I found this pattern on Ravelry, a Drops yarn design, here and it was perfect.
Each element is quick to finish and the whole blanket/throw grew quickly.




A closer look
My other TV companion is a hexagon patchwork,.  I have no idea what it is going to be and having started out as a stash buster I am now happily collecting small pieces of cottons from friends. the hexies are an inch and a half.  I wanted it to be as varied as possible as I am not a fan of the traditional "hexagon flower". This is a scan of part, those aren't clever half hexagons it is just a bit scrumpled on the scanner.
My daughter said the wrong side looked more interesting, I am inclined to agree.






No comments: