Friday, August 23, 2013

O.....

August nearly over...and my goodness these Craft Barn Challenges seem to come round even more quickly.
 Some very strange words in my dictionary but finally, because of my love of maps, I decided on ORIENTATE.

I found a map of Italy from about 15 years ago, so probably out of date..I painted it with my favourite Quin. Azo Gold.and then set about making the compass. I used a stencil/mask of a compass and  fussy cut it out of black card.  Added a layer of Fresco paint and some Treasure gold and some very ancient peel offs. I abandoned the idea of making it turn, summer laziness.

Memo to self:  I must do a catch up post of the places I have been in the last few weeks.

10 comments:

chrissie said...

Brilliant idea to use the map and a great word you have chosen

Love Chrissie x

Seth said...

Love this. The background map and color are both wonderful and the black compass is the perfect, strong contrast.

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, great word choice! Love your page! Hugs Frea

Laura said...

striking page :)
I'd love to read about what you've been up to too...

carolfromkiwiland said...

Very cool page. I'm glad the summer laziness caught up with you - all that fussy cutting of the compass was surely enough - when to find time for a nice glass of wine otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Great choice of word and interpretation!
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great idea! Never heard thought of that word here - but I love it - orientate!

Sandy said...

Wow! A gorgeous make with the map and what a word!!
sandy

Maggie said...

Great interpretation Pat lovely pages

MaggieH

Maisie Moonshine said...

Love your interpretation. You must have a very steady hand! MMx