Sunday, September 09, 2012

I wish to go the festival.......

not Into the Woods , though I wouldn't mind seeing that again, but the London Festival.  In perfect weather this year,  with the added buzz of the Paralympics, it was time to jump off the train at London Bridge and follow the walk along the south bank of the Thames, for all kinds of sights and sounds. a very Oriental theme this year with the space in front of the Tate modern given over to South Korea.
 These dancers defied the heat and whirled and twirled their bodies and head dresses, I was so mesmerised by the ribbons that I didn't catch a proper photograph but with a slight move of the head they sent these ribbons into wonderful circles.
This elegant gentleman was happy to pose. I loved his hat.

These dancers are from Japan and must have been sweltering in these heavy padded costumes,
but there was a lovely happy smile inside this one.


There was a firebird from Colombia 

 and some very good Morris Men from West London.

The festival is a annual treat for me and this year with the wonderful vibe there has been in London it was even more special, but at the end of the day I think I would like to have joined these poppets and paddled in the fountain. Love the bloomers and the expression on the little boy face. 
I do hope we are going to keep some of the general pleasantness of this summer. People smiling and a level of politeness that has been missing.  Lets hear it for all the volunteers, wish we could keep you around.Well done GB. Going home, one last little treat growing on the track side at London Bridge station.

No comments: