Thursday, December 01, 2011

Space update...

This morning I spent some time clearing  my blog list of blogs which hadn't been updated in some months, then I realised that someone was probably doing the same to me.  So here is the present state of Space.
I found this commercial fabric at the Knit and Stitch show and though it ideal for my space animals.  So this is the great bear and the little bear between Jupiter and Saturn.  Astonomically incorrect I am sure but that is were they wanted to be.  I learned how to the star "maps" in the "Sun, Moon and Stars" workshop with Jude. Some of them are real constellations reversed and some are just pure invention.
More animals, the southern hemisphere seems to have a more interesting collection that we do, living on the edge of London it is very difficult to see stars at all. So here they are swirling around.  I may rest this cloth for a little while as working on the dark cloth is difficult in electric light but I know it has a long way to go.
Jude is to talk about eyes, I had already added one to the whale(apologies for fuzzy photograph) but I am sure the other animals will benefit.

A friend sent me this.


3 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

yes it's hard on indigo in this light. I can see why Jude moves to the pale browns around now. This will be a never ending cloth for you I think!

Anonymous said...

I love this cloth - the stars and planets really shine on the indigo background and it feels like the night sky.

Infotainment said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned.I wanted to thank you for this great article.I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates