Thursday, June 03, 2010

Day out.....

I went up to see the Prism exhibition at the Mall Galleries, always a pleasure and  yesterday didn't disappoint, though I wasn't quite so bowled over as in previous years but then it is all a matter of what speaks to you. I bought a photographic permit but it is for personal use so I can't share them I'm afraid.

It was a glorious day, real flaming June and the Mall was sparkling, decked out with flags for this Saturday's Trooping  the Colour, unfortunately I am elsewhere on Saturday otherwise I would have been tempted to go and watch, I do love a military band.



The stands were ready and I found the Horse Guards Arch had a very modern halo

and St James' Park was so inviting

and in Trafalgar Square I found more elephants and this one was taking a rest in the shade.


I love these little statues which pop up all over, I would love to see them all (258!) one of the main problems is they seem to be a very popular place to eat your sandwiches!

  I popped into John Lewis and found this

No prizes for guessing what I am going to make with it.

No comments: