Saturday, September 30, 2006

Autumn is here

I love this time of year, for me this is New Year rather than the January version. I don't know if it springs from the years of conditioning to the academic year or because my birthday is in September but I always feel that this is the time to start planning and looking forward. Life seems to pick up its momentum after the lazy days of summer.

I have been to the theatre three times this week, one was an amateur version of "The Witches of Eastwick", it was a competent offering, the second was the last preview of "Wicked" which must be one of the most hyped shows ever to reach the West End. I enjoyed it! The two leads were very good, staging was impressive , the costumes were stunning and the Oz jokes were fun but there was something lacking which I can't put my finger on. When I have seen something that really grabs me I feel "Oh I wish I was going again tomorrow" it didn't happen though I would like to see it again sometime if only to get a closer look at the costumes! My last theatre visit was to the Youth Theatre of the society who performed "After Juliet". It is always touching to see young people who you have know since they were small pushing into the adult world.

Re my crazy patchwork adventure, I had a blue block which I had started some time ago and I thought I could incorporate it into my "quilt" . This is what it looked like



I decided I wasn't happy with it so I distressed it a bit, this is what it looks like now!!




So I don't think this is going to make my quilt, though I quite like it so far and may play some more with it.

Back to the drawing board!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, just love how you distressed your block. How did you go about it? I think it would be great on its own as a 'journal quilt depending on the size.
Dianne.

Pat said...

Thanks, Dianne, it is about about 8x10. I distressed it by covering it with synthetic tulle and an old chiffon scarf which I sprinkled with embossing powders and then played with my heat gun till it shouted STOP.

Pat

gunnelsvensson said...

It´s much better this way! Lovely, lovely!