Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ups and Downs

Went to the Stitch and Craft Show at Olympia today and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I went with a list of things I needed (well would like to tuck away in my stash) but there were non of the really good mixed media suppliers there so saved some money!!!! The whole day was redeemed though by a piece of work by Jane E Hall. It was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. It was a piece called "Spring" I bought the card but how I would have loved the piece itself a thing of such delicacy. It is all made from hand dyed silk and tiny tiny stitches,it took her 5 months to make, rising a 5.30 in the morning. Beautiful, I will not forget it.

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

Thanks Pat. I was in two minds whether or not to go as I haven't really got the time but after your comments I don't think I'll bother. I shall go to the Ruth Issett Masterclass exhibition at ArtVanGo instead and stock up with supplies while I'm there. Have you been/going to that one or is that too far for you?